Not every work day can be met with unbridled enthusiasm. We all have moments when our mood lags far behind the “to do” list in front of us. In many cases, we can’t even identify the the root cause of our bad mood. It really could be anything — an annoying interaction from the previous day or a stressful commute. Ultimately, the “less than optimal” mood spells serious trouble for the day ahead. Especially at work, where not just a business but your co-workers rely on you.
Certain days demand that you get your head in the right place quickly. But how do you do that?
One of the best ways to get yourself out of a rud is to re-read and ponder a few all-time favorite quotes about work, career and inspiration. It can help to get “lost” in a couple of these and reinvent your day.
Here are 7 of our favourite “perspective changing” quotes do help you show up at work with the right attitude. (Please share your favorites, as well.) Hopefully, these will impact your work day for the better.
1. “Choose a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucis
2. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller
3. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
4. “The secret of getting ahead, is getting started.” – Mark Twain
5. “Well done, is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
6. “Believe you can and you are halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
7. “When we no longer can change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor E. Frankl
Have a favorite? Share it in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list!
Stay in Work
Finding work can be easier than keeping it, so if you are having personal or work problems and thinking of giving up work, give us a call on 1800 118 998 (FREE CALL) or simply chat us up on Facebook Messenger.